Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Welcome


Hi everyone!! My name is Kelli and I am a mother of two boys. They are both July babies. I am a Capricorn and a very driven person. I am almost finished with school and will have my bachelor's degree in communications. I have always found communication a fun and important aspect to individuals. Communication is the key to any and every relationship. It is important that we as human beings recognize our flaws and faults and learn how to properly communicate with the world and those who we love.
 Before I started college I never would of thought that the way I said something could impact the way a person perceives the message. I am hoping to use my education to pursue a career in human resources. I have always enjoyed helping others and have an overwhelming desire to save the world. I know it is impossible to save everyone, but I still am always wanting to.
Overall I enjoy learning more and communicating with others and helping others learn to communicate with each other. I quite enjoy taking what I have learned with my education and putting into action with the real world. 
I work with developmentally challenged people right now and I have to be really careful how I communicate with each individual client. I have to make sure that they are getting their needs met as well as making sure that I get my needs met. It can sometimes be something as simple as washing their face that can turn into a challenge. Through patience and practice I can do my current job to my best ability.
Thanks to everyone for taking the time to read my blog.. :)

2 comments:

  1. I work with mentally and physically disabled adults myself. I agree with you that each person is unique and has individual needs and issues. I find so much joy working with them. They love me and the other volunteers. They are much more a blessing to me than I feel I am to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Catherine... I agree. they are such beautiful people.

    ReplyDelete